November 24, 2006

Tagged

It appears I've been tagged with the meme Ten Things I would never do by the illustrious Mr Higham. To be fair I thought I'd offer some thoughts about this blog in it- there may be some personal stuff- but you could take this as a charter in a way for what this blog isn't trying to do- and once you've excluded that then its trying to do most of the other things whilst being vaguely political...

1. Write a post that doesn't need correcting in some way
2. Write a post that is purely party political
3. Consider that there are any limits at all on what it is useful to think about
4. Be relevant
5. (This is a sober one and should be presumed) Knowingly be sexist, racist, homophobic or upset anyone in anyway unless people get upset by a gentle query of their argument.
6. Refuse a cup of tea or an inclination to make a cup of tea whilst blogging
7. Take abusive comments seriously and leave them on the blog
8. Not benefit from helpful comments in refining my position and thinking it through a bit more.
9. Write a post that can't be twisted in some way to have a relevance to politics at all
10. Keep writing the Blog whilst feeling its no fun
11. (Last one I don't really count 6 I presumed it so it doesn't count honest we all have assumptions that's mine) eat anything that contains mustard blogging or not blogging!

There I've done it and now to redirect this meme I shall pick ten bloggers at random to direct it to too- so prepare yourselves comrades, in particular to your dislikes, Sinclair, El Dave, Political Umpire, Skipper, La Femme Contraire (a new discovery for me- thanks to the Umpire), Erik Ringmar, Laura James, Politaholic, The Yorkshire Ranter and lastly but not least a frequent commenter, Dreadnought.

All of these bloggers are worth reading- some like Mr Cole are unknown gems glistening in the wilderness of the internet, some like Professor Ringmar and Laura James probably unknown to the political classes but very worth reading for their insights into the world, the universe and all things in the first case historical and in the second criminal and some are some of my most penetrating commenters on this blog- step forward Umpire and Dreadnought, the last category including Politaholic, the Yorkshire Ranter, Skipper and La Femme Contraire are people I've just come across or just started reading either a few days or a few weeks ago- they seem worthy denizens of the great blogosphere though. So I hope anyone reading this takes the time out to pop over to these guys and have a look at what they've written.

And for those I've tagged I think the requirement is to tag another ten bloggers- have fun finding them.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gracchi - I think you do a stirling job in keeping to these 10 "won't do's". Keep it up!

Gracchi said...

Oh cheers. I'll try.

Political Umpire said...

Can't speak for the tea drinking but I think you do a pretty good job with the other nine aspirations. I, on the other hand, have run out of gas this afternoon and have done a dismal job of trying to undertake the task. Normal service to be resumed (hopefully) tomorrow or Monday.

Gracchi said...

Cheers Umpire. I thought you'd see it so I didn't need to email you.

The tea is a personal thing- I'm looking forward to seeing your list when you do it tommorrow, I thought it was a bit of fun.

dreadnought said...

This is a very difficult task! I think much thought is required.

By the way, I particularly liked your item 6. Note to self....

Gracchi said...

Ah sir, after the difficult questions you've posed me- it should be easily within your compass-

I'm looking forward to seeign waht you come up with- I'm glad you can see the importance of Item 6- seeing the importance of Item 6 I think is a sign of good taste- not that if you are anti Tea you don't have good taste but that being in favour of Item 6 demonstrates very good taste indeed.

Looking forward to seeing your list- it'll be good by my judgement you are equal to the challenge.

skipper said...

Gracchi
Will do. Mind you Paul Linford has invited me to do the same and you have nominated some of the bloggers I was going to mention, but no matter. I'm still thinking about my list and finding it difficuolt to get beyond 8...

Gracchi said...

Good skip, I'm looking forward to seeing the list- it is hard to think of other bloggers though- personally I think Iain Dale who started it had it easy with the whole blogosphere to explore- but multiple nominations I don't think are a real problem- I nicked one off Umpire and he's nicked it back. I'm just interested in your list.

Erik said...

hi there Gracchi,

Thanks for leaving comments and for gentle prodding. I sort of wrote a list like this already. Check this out: http://ringmar.net/forgethefootnotes/?p=80

I owe you giraffe comments.

yours,

Gracchi said...

You do owe me giraffe comments. That's cool I just thought I'd include you as I was tagged and hoped to give you some more readers as well- hopefully someone's come across to you from me.

Political Umpire said...

Saw a remark you made about our respective claims to Liz of La Femme Contraire - I'm not sure she'd be happy with either of us claiming to own her tag! !

Gracchi said...

Yeah the tagging is getting competitive at the moment- I beleive Dreadnought was tagged days after I tagged him- hey its all good fun in the end. I hope noone was offended. But it was good.

Political Umpire said...

It takes a lot to offend me, I can assure you .... (!)

It was a laugh, the tagging. I'm interested in what the curious Periodic Englishman comes up with . . .

Gracchi said...

It was indeed- great fun