December 09, 2006

Ducklings!


This blog has become all too serious recently. To lighten the tone, via the Inky Circus I discovered this particular video- as their blogger Katie puts it there is plenty of David Attenborough to go around, personally I see this as a public service, the more of David and ducklings the world sees the better. As for the spurious justification for this being on a vaguely political blog, I'm pretending I'm justifying the license fee- see posting videos of ducklings on their intrepid explorations towards lakes is vaguely political- I told you this blog had a broad definition of the political- and BBC videos of ducklings leaping from trees and over and under logs comes under that definitely- go watch the video and enjoy.

And then I promise we can discuss Iraq, torture, rape, murder, economics and the gross national product again...

But first these are ducklings- these are divebombing ducklings!

6 comments:

Political Umpire said...

Excellent feature, needs following up. Also think Yellow Duck should be told

Gracchi said...

Indeed I agree with you. I love the way that when they drop down having flapped their wings in a symbolic effort at flying, they sort of drop down and then right themselves and have a look around as if to say, what are you looking at I did that very well thank you. Its truly fantastic. I'm on the look out now for more clips from Planet Earth on Youtube

james higham said...

Ducklings are not frivolity. Ducklings are serious business. I have many tales of them and one features in my so-called 'serious' novel.I was also followed by one and thought it was the dreaded Mama syndrome but fortunately she found him.

Gracchi said...

I know I couldn't put it under UK Politics though.

Seriously I think its one of the best posts on this blog- its definitely the one that I click through on my own link most if you see what I mean.

Cheers James.

YellowDuck said...

Yup. That is about the same way my own Duckling fell to earth.

Although there was a bit more yelling and cursing involved from Mrs Duckie...

Lovely stuff Gracchi. Thanks :)

Gracchi said...

No probs- I knew you'd enjoy- as you can see it was the Umpire who reminded me that you would and having said it I thought this might be just up your street. Cheers for commenting.