January 13, 2007

Hitchcock and Music

This is a wonderful article from the New York Times about the music of Alfred Hitchcock and how it influenced his film making. Definitely worth reading.

(Unfortunately due to the New York Times policies about their website- I think you need to register with them to view the article- the registration is free- though I'm not sure that eventually the article might not go behind a subscription wall- if its just behind the free registration wall, its well worth registering just to read the article- apologies if anyone has been having any difficulties- Emma in the comments says she has so I thought I'd add this note.)

4 comments:

james higham said...

Yes indeed, the music is vital to the film and the atmosphere of the piece and the score are inextricably interwoven. And Hitchcock was a genius.

Gracchi said...

I agree with every word. You've put it beautifully.

Emma said...

Hmm... I can't access it. :(

Gracchi said...

Emma- I think its behind a free registration wall now- it wasn't before, but I registered a long time ago. There are bits of their website you have to pay to go onto but I don't think its one of those so have another go and register if you have to- its a really good article.