March 20, 2007

Interesting discussion on the BBC

Steve Richards and Peter Oborne exchanged insults this morning on the BBC Today Program. Its not an incredibly interesting discussion but it does reveal something. Richards wants to give the benefit of doubt to politicians whereas Oborne beleives that Richards is basically a stooge for the political classes. My own opinion tends towards Richards- partly because they are all the same as the others argument actually ends up being very kind to many politicians because it doesn't expose them to scrutiny. Its very easy to make a politician look corrupt- exposing the fact that they are wrong takes much more work especially if you are willing to admit that they are well intentioned is much more difficult and much more interesting because it reflects the truth more in my opinion.

I should have noted earlier that I missed the today program and owe this item, though not my interpretation, to reading Iain Dale.

2 comments:

ashok said...

I've been keeping up with your blog, but I haven't had time to think or comment about any of the posts because of exams.

I just wrote something for The Irate Nation that is a bit rightist, but I think you'll like it a lot.

ashok said...

Thanks for your comment on the technology post, I'm trying to think through it and see if I can respond adequately. I'm probably missing something big.

I have read parts of Pocock's Machiavellian Moment, but not all of it, and I need to look at it again, I think.