June 03, 2007

Some Awards

Blogging is in part a social activity and all bloggers rely upon a community of other bloggers to keep talking to them and being friendly with them. Blogpower whose logo you see down the side was one such group designed to promote smaller bloggers and help people like me that had just started. Set up by James Higham the group is inclusive of all political opinions- including some that I violently disagree with, more than I disagree with any of the major UK or US parties.

The group was set up partly to protest against the fact that the standard award ceremonies seemed to puff up the bigger bloggers without actually helping smaller ones. Blogpower was an effort to promote each other's blogs- and as such it has to an extent worked- I definitely say look at some of the blogpower blogs often, and have discovered many worth my consideration. It seemed to be a natural development from this to set up an awards scheme- the rules of these awards are that anyone can nominate anyone (and the top ten nominated will go through to a vote) and that when the vote comes anyone can vote. The idea is to unearth lots of hidden gems and there are lots of really good websites up for the awards on the website.

Anyway I hope you enjoy

The categories for your perusal are

  • Best Britblog or Column
  • Best North American Blog or Column
  • Best Blog or Column outside North America and the U.K.
  • Best Fisker
  • Best Ranter
  • Best Political Blog or Column
  • Best Blogpower Blog or Column
  • Best Layout and Style
  • Best Blog Name
  • Best Little Blogger [i.e. under 100 uniques a day]
  • Most Articulate Wordsmith
  • Most Under-rated Blog or Column
  • Most Over-rated Blog or Column
  • Most Politically Incorrect Blog or Column
  • Most Sadly Missed Blog or Column
  • Most Consistently Entertaining Blog or Column
  • Prettiest or Tastiest Blog or Column [refers to food or domestic bloggers]
  • Award for Services to Blogging
  • Best Post of All Time
  • Most Unintentionally Humorous post
So go on- get nominating- you'll find the rules on the Blogpower website- and also keep an eye out in a week's time and get voting!

4 comments:

Ashok said...

I take it I have you to thank for that nomination - thanks so much!

I'm looking for the rules to send my massive audience of 5 (out of which, I can probably motivate two) over to that site to vote, if they can vote.

Reactionary Snob said...

Good stuff - I advertised it as well, but good to see it getting some publicity elsewhere.

RS

Gracchi said...

Ashok yup you do- it was thoroughly merited though!

Reactionary Snob- wonderful name by the way- I agree.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Hello there from a little olive grove in Marrakech. I found out I was nominated for these awards by a generous soul. As a newish blogger (I have been blogging for 9 months). And in any event, it will certainly introduce me to a lot of new blogs, which can only be a good thing:-)