April 26, 2008

Page 123

Paulie has just tagged me with this meme, the rules are

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

Ok the nearest book I picked up was Sarah Barber's Regicide and Republicanism (its about the English Republicans in the seventeenth century who campaigned for the King's death). On page 123

A formal charge was issued on 20 January 1649 and sentence passed a week later.

Charles was found guilty of High Treason and executed outside the banquetting hall in Whitehall on 30 January 1649.

Kingship and the Lords were abolished on 17 and 19 March, and England was finally declared a Republic a month later.

They are pretty cool sentences, but then you find them in books about the English Civil War. I challenge Matt Sinclair, Vino Sangripillai, James Hamilton, James Higham and Welshcakes Limoncello to find some better ones.

2 comments:

Jake said...

I am not to sure that the book I have in my hand will portray a friendly sentence to share (Men are from Mars and women from Venus)What the heck page 123 here I come.

Semaj Mahgih said...

I've done this one already, Tiberius.