May 13, 2009

Comment Moderation

I apologise to regular commenters and readers but I've had to insert comment moderation- this is because of a prolonged attack from some idiot who as you can probably see on my sidebar decided that this was a place to advertise his ultimate spamming game site. I do not and will not tolerate anyone posting on my blog solely to advertise their site- particularly their gambling or gaming site- this blog's comments are for discussion of the articles up here, in a civilised and thoughtful way, they are not for commercial gain. (I doubt unfortunately the purveyers of this vile craft will ever read this post- or if they do read it are capable of understanding why everyone sensible on the internet regards them as beneath contempt.)

7 comments:

James Higham said...

Interesting that you have an idiot stalker at the same time that I do. I think they're two separate people.

Gracchi said...

I doubt mine is a stalker more of an idiot with a gaming site!

Good luck with your issues- comments in my view should only address the post that they were posted to- and personal issues are best left offline.

edmund said...

absolute swine they relaly are a pay need a raid by the police methinks :)

James Hamilton said...

Quite so, G, and sorry you've been put to this. I had to stop comments altogether for a while, because I was being harassed on a personal level by a well-known but anonymous UK political blogger.
As it is, WW has one of the most intelligent comments sections of any blog out there, and anything that keeps that going is worthwhile IMHO.

Gracchi said...

Cheers Chaps- I'll put it down again when I'm convinced these guys have stopped targetting me. Its just I don't like spending loads of time deleting spam comments.

James Hamilton said...

Oh, and apropos, bad luck about tonight.

Gracchi said...

Yes not a great result!